Most of our Acer PC, laptop or notebook users often meet this problem, forgot Acer password. There are many reasons for losing Acer password. If you don’t pick up a good way, it could ruin your days completely. Here I will share some tips for Acer password reset(http://www.lostwindowspassword.com/article/acer-password-reset.html) solutions with you and hope you get the final answer to unlock Acer password( including reset Acer Aspire password).
A Acer password reset disk is really helpful when you realize you have lost Acer password. Insert the password reset disk to your drive then follow these steps.
1. If you enter the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows displays a message that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message.
2. Click Reset password, and then insert Windows password reset disk (or other removable media).
3. Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
4. Log on with the new password. If you forget your password again, you can use the same password reset disk. You don't need to make a new one.
Note: this method require you create a password reset disk before you have lost that account password. If you don’t have a password reset disk, it won’t help much to reset the password.
Method 2: Resetting Acer Windows 8/8.1 Password with another Administrator Account
1. Start your computer, Log on to another administrator account or account which has administration privilege you will use to reset Acer password.
2. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button, typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
5. Type and confirm the new password.
Method 3: Resetting Acer Windows 8/8.1 Password with Windows Password Key (the efficient way)
If you have neither another Windows 8/8.1 administrator account nor Windows password reset disk, you’d better DIY a Windows password reset CD to reset Windows password. Just following steps, it is easy and best way to reset Acer password.
1. Log in any available computer which allows you to download (official download website is: http://www.lostwindowspassword.com/windows-password-recovery.htm). Then install it on that PC.
2. Prepare a bootable CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive and insert it to that computer, run Windows Password Key and burn the ISO image file to disk.
3. Turn to your locked Acer computer insert the newly created CD/USB flash drive to it.Start the Acer computer and press'F2'or'Delete'to enter your BIOS setup to change your bios setup, so that it can boot from CD/DVD or USB device. And then press F10 to save the changes.
4. Restart your Acer computer, now you can see Windows Password Key is initializing, follow the instructions to reset Acer password to blank without knowing the current password.
This method is quite easy, even a computer newbie can do it. Within 5 minutes you can enter your Acer computer to enjoy your playing or studying.